3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Data in Table Window

mnebies _

I trapped the detail lines and highlight the fields that I want to extract, but I cant't view any data in the table Window.  I only can the fields tha I have renamed.

Please helpp!

Mnebies

• Data in Table Window
          mnebies _

I trapped the detail lines and highlight the fields that I want to extract, but I cant't view any data in the table Window.  I only can the fields tha I have renamed.

Please helpp!

Mnebies

• Data in Table Window
            Grant Perkins

Hi and welcome.

Are you saying you don't see the columns for the fields you have created in the table window OR that you see the columns but they contain no data?

If it's the first problem then it suggests that the template has a problem.

If its the second problem then you need to check the setting in the field properties. Is the DISPLAY width as wide as the DATA width? Very important for a wide RIGHT JUSTIFIED field for example.

Is the field defined as NUMERIC or DATE but actually contains CHARACTER based information or is not in a recognisable DATE format?

Have you applied any FILTERS that might lead to no data being selected for display?

Some places to start. If none of those apply let us know and maybe include the results of your checks on the suggestions above.

HTH.

Grant

• Data in Table Window
              Grant Perkins

Hi and welcome.

Are you saying you don't see the columns for the fields you have created in the table window OR that you see the columns but they contain no data?

If it's the first problem then it suggests that the template has a problem.

If its the second problem then you need to check the setting in the field properties. Is the DISPLAY width as wide as the DATA width? Very important for a wide RIGHT JUSTIFIED field for example.

Is the field defined as NUMERIC or DATE but actually contains CHARACTER based information or is not in a recognisable DATE format?

Have you applied any FILTERS that might lead to no data being selected for display?

Some places to start. If none of those apply let us know and maybe include the results of your checks on the suggestions above.

HTH.

Grant