5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by cardealers _ RSS

column repetiton

brabchuk _

I created a template that only pulls a number (payment amount)if another column is marked PY (a payment). This looks good in the report window but in the data table the payment amount repeats itself on every line until another PY line appears with a new payment amount which then repeats itself.... Between PY lines there are a variety of other things the line could be marked as rather than PY. 

How can I have this payment amount only appear in the data table only on the lines marked PY?

• column repetiton
          brabchuk _

I created a template that only pulls a number (payment amount)if another column is marked PY (a payment). This looks good in the report window but in the data table the payment amount repeats itself on every line until another PY line appears with a new payment amount which then repeats itself.... Between PY lines there are a variety of other things the line could be marked as rather than PY. 

How can I have this payment amount only appear in the data table only on the lines marked PY?

• column repetiton
            Dirk Schulze

I'll take a stab at this one, altough I'm better at asking questions than providing answers.

Do you want only the PY lines to appear?  Or do you want all the lines to appear and only the PY lines to have a payment amount, while the non-PY lines to show null for the amount?

It might be that you have the Fill Empty Cells With Value From Previous Record option selected in the Copy Field Box, which can be found under Properties for that field.  The other option is Leave Empty Cells Blank.

• column repetiton
              Dirk Schulze

I'll take a stab at this one, altough I'm better at asking questions than providing answers.

Do you want only the PY lines to appear?  Or do you want all the lines to appear and only the PY lines to have a payment amount, while the non-PY lines to show null for the amount?

It might be that you have the Fill Empty Cells With Value From Previous Record option selected in the Copy Field Box, which can be found under Properties for that field.  The other option is Leave Empty Cells Blank.

• column repetiton
                cardealers _

I think the issue may be you have your detail trap and your append trap backwards.

This is what I have learned from Monarch Class:

Detail Trap - Required - Lowest Level Sort

Appends - Data above, left, or right of detail

Footer - Data below or right of detail

Page Header - Page break or 10th Append

This all means your amount should be your detail trap (lowest level sort) and your PY should be your append trap, because it is probably to the left, right or above your amount.

Hope this works

Cardealers

• column repetiton
                  cardealers _

I think the issue may be you have your detail trap and your append trap backwards.

This is what I have learned from Monarch Class:

Detail Trap - Required - Lowest Level Sort

Appends - Data above, left, or right of detail

Footer - Data below or right of detail

Page Header - Page break or 10th Append

This all means your amount should be your detail trap (lowest level sort) and your PY should be your append trap, because it is probably to the left, right or above your amount.

Hope this works

Cardealers