2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by Mike B RSS

Time Duration, Not time of Day

Mike B

I'm trapping a time value in the MM:SS format.  When it is mined it comes back as a time of day.  For example if I trap 5:23 meaning Five Minutes and Twenty Three Seconds it is importing as 05:23 AM.  How can I fix this?

• Time Duration, Not time of Day
          Data Kruncher

Mike,

There are likely a number of possible solutions for this - here's mine.

I'd break it down to trap hours (if you have that), minutes and seconds. Trap each one as a numeric field, DurationHours, DurationMinutes, DurationSeconds. Then build a calculated character field named Duration:

[font="courier"]Str(DurationHours) + ":" + Str(DurationMinutes) + ":" +Str(DurationSeconds)  /font[/quote]Should you need an overall total you can total the numeric pieces and do some math to derive the total.

Does that work OK for you?

Kruncher

• Time Duration, Not time of Day
            Mike B

I think I actually figured out something a bit simpler.  I simply kept the formatting that monarch gave me in the TIME OF DAY format.   Since I'm exporting to an Access DB, I set the formatting in the database to HH:MM.  It then displays the data fine there.

Thanks for the help