6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:52 AM by joel _ RSS

Multiple Excel Worksheets

joel _

Is it possible to export a Monarch summary to Excel in such a way that when the key field changes it creates a new worksheet (tab) in Excel?  Is there something I need to to in Monarch (like multiple summaries) to be able to do this?  Currently I'm cutting and pasting once in Excel but that takes forever.

Thank you,

Joel

• Multiple Excel Worksheets
          Grant Perkins

Joel,

Have you got V7 Pro?

Certainly you could create multiple summaries but I suspect you are really filtering multiple times (by each possible key) for the same summary and if so you could run the export with "All Filters" set but only the one summary required. That may well do what you are seeking to do.

Of course it does mean creating and duplicating/editing a few filters ...     

I hope this helps.

Grant

Originally posted by joel:

Is it possible to export a Monarch summary to Excel in such a way that when the key field changes it creates a new worksheet (tab) in Excel?  Is there something I need to to in Monarch (like multiple summaries) to be able to do this?  Currently I'm cutting and pasting once in Excel but that takes forever.

Thank you,

Joel /b[/quote]

joel _

Originally posted by Grant Perkins:

Joel,

Have you got V7 Pro?

Certainly you could create multiple summaries but I suspect you are really filtering multiple times (by each possible key) for the same summary and if so you could run the export with "All Filters" set but only the one summary required. That may well do what you are seeking to do.

I hope this helps.

Grant

/size[quote]quote:[/size]Originally posted by joel:

Thank you,

Joel /b[/quote][/b][/size][/QUOTE]

joel _

Originally posted by Grant Perkins:

Joel,

Have you got V7 Pro?

I hope this helps.

Grant

/size[quote]quote:[/size]Originally posted by joel:

Thank you,

Joel /b[/quote][/b][/size][/QUOTE]

Bruce _

Joel

Not sure if Grant's answer has answered your question, but his answer is realy the best way. I made over 90 filters in Monarch (pain is only felt once), but now export every night to Excel to muliple files and multiple sheets.

Hope this helps

Data Kruncher

Hello all.

Joel, I have a solution for you based in Excel. While it's not the most robust code I've ever seen, I've tested this several times and it does work.

This assumes that your data has headings in row 1, and that your data starts in row 2. Further, you must define LastColumn as the letter of the last column in which you have data. Set it to whatever you need. Currently, the code is not set to handle headings for you automatically (duplicate row 1 on each new sheet).

As well, your key values must reside in column A, and the column must be sorted before you run the program. Automatic sorting would be a nice addition to the routine, but I was trying to develop a workable solution, not a perfect program -- this time     Hey, it's getting late here.   smile.gif[/img] 

[font="courier"]Sub ProcessData()

Dim LastKey As String

Dim TempSheetName As String

Dim CopyStartRow As Integer

Dim CopyEndRow As Integer

Dim Key As String

Dim LastColumn As String

LastKey = ""

LastColumn = "B"

CopyEndRow = 1

Range("A" & CopyEndRow + 1).Select

Key = ActiveCell

Do While Key <> ""

Worksheets("Data").Activate

Range("A" & CopyEndRow + 1).Select

CopyStartRow = ActiveCell.Row

LastKey = Key

Do Until Key <> LastKey

Selection.Offset(1, 0).Select

Key = ActiveCell

Loop

Worksheets.Add

ActiveSheet.Name = LastKey

CopyEndRow = ActiveCell.Row - 1

Range("A" & CopyStartRow, LastColumn & CopyEndRow).Select

Selection.Copy

Worksheets(LastKey).Activate

Range("A2").Select

ActiveSheet.Paste

Application.CutCopyMode = False

Loop

Range("A1").Select

End Sub  /font[/quote]Hope this helps. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Kruncher

joel _

Thanks for all the help!  I hope to work on this project later this week.  I'm somewhat new to Monarch so it takes me a while to work through things. 

Thank you,

Joel