1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Delimiter

baghu _

Hello,

My report fields will alwyas come with the double quotes and each record will be contained in one double quotes. If I open the text directly through excel, it is getting exported with out any issues. Since, I wanted to do the calculations through Monarch I prefer to do it through Monarch.

I need to use the delimiter as double quote and parse the date into an excel sheet.

Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks and Regards

Baghavathy

• Delimiter
          Grant Perkins

Hi Baghu,

It sounds like your data source is a delimited file, perhaps space delimited? , with quotation marks around any text values - or are all field in quotation marks?

Are you reading it as a REPORT or importing it as a DATABASE?

If it is a delimited file it may be a good idea to import it as a database since that will provide you with all the control available for both the delimit character and dealing with the quotation marks.

Go to the HELP INDEX and look for SAMPLE. Under that is DATA SCREEN, which should tell you what you need to know.

If the data is delimited and therefore column widths are not consistent use the method above.

But if the data is in fixed columns but still quoted you may have other options for using the file like a report. You would need to work around the quote marks in the model OR more likely use the Monarch Utility to prepare the file before trying to process it.

I hope this helps.

Grant