2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Scott Eshleman RSS

DCOM error or conflict with new browser-based software

Scott Eshleman

I have 2 PCs running Monarch 7.01.  Love It!!! Works great !!  But last week, we started to install a new application throughout the bank.  It is a browser-based application that only installs 3 physical files on the PC.  I have been told by the vendor that it uses ActiveX and lots of DCOM.  The Event Viewer for the 2 PCs show the following error, "DCOM was unable to communicate with the server using any of the configured protocols."  These Monarch-installed PCs are the only PCs where this web-app does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• DCOM error or conflict with new browser-based software
          Gareth Horton

Scott

We do not change any DCOM settings in the Monarch install, nor does Monarch explicitly use DCOM.

There are many possible issues around the DCOM error message you are seeing.

Microsoft seem to have a few KB articles on this message:

Additionally,  [url="http://www.monitorware.com/en/events/top50events.asp"]the error is listed in the top 50 event log messages[/url]

Do a search on "DCOM was unable to communicate" and there are quite a few hits.  Some of the forum entries may be useful.

Gareth

Originally posted by Scott Eshleman:

I have 2 PCs running Monarch 7.01.  Love It!!! Works great !!  But last week, we started to install a new application throughout the bank.  It is a browser-based application that only installs 3 physical files on the PC.  I have been told by the vendor that it uses ActiveX and lots of DCOM.  The Event Viewer for the 2 PCs show the following error, "DCOM was unable to communicate with the server using any of the configured protocols."  These Monarch-installed PCs are the only PCs where this web-app does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. /b[/quote]

• DCOM error or conflict with new browser-based software
            Scott Eshleman

Thanks for the reply.  I went to Google right after posting my question here.  Found a couple of forums all pointing to DCOM protocols.  The web-app works now.  Thanks again.