3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Append on line 2

Peter _

I have a file were line 2 has emp number but detail starts on line 1 using multiple lines.

DOE, DARNELL                480     RG     3360     RG                         3360     FW                                     223.56     FW

Emp 0429                                                     3360     FI                                     208.32     FI

Rate 7.00                                                     3360     ME                                     48.72     ME

• Append on line 2
          Grant Perkins

Peter,

What do you need to create from the records?

Grant

NB - the layout below is the 3rd variation I have seen for this depending upon where you view the post ...  not sure what it really looks like.

Originally posted by Peter:

I have a file were line 2 has emp number but detail starts on line 1 using multiple lines.

[font="courier"]

DOE, DARNELL                480     RG     3360     RG                         3360     FW                                     223.56     FW

Emp 0429                                                     3360     FI                                     208.32     FI

Rate 7.00                                                     3360     ME                                     48.72     ME /font[/quote][/b][/quote]

[size="1"][ April 07, 2004, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Grant Perkins ][/size]

• Append on line 2
            Peter _

Grant,

I need to pull the emp, rg, fw, fi and me numbers.

Thanks

Peter

• Append on line 2
              Grant Perkins

Peter,

I assume the report has a reasonably standard and consistent layout but quite what that is I will have to guess. However if the columns are always in the same place it should not be too difficult to map them.

If the records are always 3 lines you might be able to make a trap for a 3 line template on any of the lines. However trapping on line 2 ov the template using the 'Emp' string might be the best idea.

TO advise further I think we need to know a little more than we have so far.

The real layout of the file would help. Also what problems you are experiencing trying to create the template and define the trap/fields.

Do the values/codes (for rg, fw, fi and me numbers) move about on the report?

What can you tell us?

Grant

Originally posted by Peter:

Grant,

I need to pull the emp, rg, fw, fi and me numbers.

Thanks

Peter /b[/quote]