2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by SHOH _ RSS

Trouble Duplicating an existing Summary

SHOH _

Hello,

I have a model with 4 summaries.  I tried to use the 'duplicate' function to create a copy of a summary so I could make my minor changes instead of having to re-create a completely new summary. 

The duplicated summary has all of the field and it appears to exactly match the original summary.   However, when I look at the data results the duplicated summary produces, only the values from the key fields appear.  None of the values from the item fields appear, even though they are all in the summary itself.

Any ideas?

Software: Monarch 7.0 Pro

• Trouble Duplicating an existing Summary
          Steve Caiels

Hi,

Have you tried to drill down?  (button next to define summary).

Earlier versions did not show item fields until you drilled down, so maybe the duplicate functions still sets it that way as a default?

Failing that, try removing one item field, saving changes with OK, then adding it back in again.

Hope one of those helps.

Regards

Steve

• Trouble Duplicating an existing Summary
            SHOH _

Steve,

I actually had this problem since the summaries were so greatly expanded in version 6.  I never really researched it then, but figured now is the time.  Back then I did try removing one item field, saving changes with OK, then adding it back in again to no avail. 

However, the drill-up/drill-down worked!   [img]smile.gif[/img] 

I didn't even know this feature existed or what it did.  Now I do, of course.

Thanks for your help.