6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by RalphB _ RSS

exporting multiple filters

Dan Dover

I am able to export multiple filters from a report to multiple tabs in an Excel spreadsheet, however when I try to add data to an existing spreadsheet it doesn't work. The results dialog box shows that both filters/exports were skipped. Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

Dan

• exporting multiple filters
          RalphB _

Dan, When Monarch exports out to an excel spreadsheet, it names the range it just exported.  You can only append to that spreadsheet only to the bottom of the named range and everthing below that needs to be blank in order for the export to work. 

Have you modified the original spreadsheet so the named range does not include everything in the range?  If it doesn't, just modify the named range to include everything.  Also, the original named range must be set as wide as your append export. Or if your first export just included headers and no data that will be another reason for it to fail.  In that case, you need to overwrite the sheet.

Those are the main reasons why some of my append exports fail.

Does this help at all?

Dan Dover

Hi Ralph, thanks for responding.

I kinda understand about the named ranges, but I'm not quite sure it it replies. We are extracting information from reports on a daily basis and accumulating the results in Excel. There are no changes within Excel from daya to day. In most cases the worksheet is never even opened between processes.

So I can see the named ranges, what can I do about them?

RalphB _

Dan,

If you aren't modifying or using the files in between exports, you really don't need to do anything to the named ranges. They should be OK.

Are you running a script to export these or are you doing this manually is my next question.

Do you have problems appending the filters mannually? If you are running a script, is it a vb script or command line?  Also which version of Monarch are you using? 

If you are running a command line script, I believe you could append to files with Version 7 or newer.  I don't use the command line function so I can't be of much help myself but others can help.  If you are using vb script, only the jetexport command will allow you to append and you need Monarch 6 Pro or newer.  This is what I use quite a bit and only had problems when trying to append to a sheet that had the header only.  In that case I have to overwrite that sheet.

Hope this helps.

Dan Dover

Ralph,

I am running version 8.02 Pro and it is a manual process. If I export the two filters separately it works fine.

Dan

RalphB _

Dan,  You say you can export and append 2 filters manually separately it works fine but you have problems when you try more than 2. Boy, you got me stumped on this one why you have problems doing it manually with what info you have given me. 

Maybe someone else has more experience on this and has experienced this problem and has a solution for you.

RalphB _

Thanks for the help Ken. I was wondering about using projects.  But I don't use project much at all since 99% of the reports I work with are put in directories named for the date hence I am pretty much a novice when it comes to projects.