2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Hank @ Adtran RSS

Newbie Question...how do I move the template up a couple of lines

Hank @ Adtran

Unbeknownst to me the report changed and it has added a couple of lines from the top down. My question...if it can be done...is how to move the template fields up a few rows...? I probably have to re-create the template, but thought I would ask you all first. I am using Monarch 7.x on an XP machine.

I tried the search but could not find what I need.

Thanks,

Hank

• Newbie Question...how do I move the template up a couple of lines
          Grant Perkins

Hank,

Do read it right that you have 2 extra line between your trap line (presumably the original line 1?) and your collection of data fields?

Nothing else changes?

2 things. You may need to check that the last lines of you records are not dropping off the end of (assumedly) extended records. If they are you need to make the sample lines selection a little longer. Easiest way woule be to select a newe sample and use the approriate button to replace the old one.

As for the fields. best way I know would be to use the "Field List" feature and simply edit the line numbers for each of the fields. You need to do it in the right order since Monarch will check to ensure there is no possible overlap of field in the template. Therefore you will probably need to start with the last row, adding 2 to the line number, and work upwards.

HTH.

Grant

• Newbie Question...how do I move the template up a couple of lines
            Hank @ Adtran

Thanks Grant...I used the "Field List" and moved things around. Worked great!

Thanks again...

Hank