2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Mike Urbonas RSS

I'm a new User of Monarch

ecohen _

Please i need to export my text files to an excel form. I need a complete tutorial to do that.

I have like 20 txt files (50000 records each files) to export as excel file and i need to know how to make a template.

Please i need help

thanks

• I'm a new User of Monarch
          Grant Perkins

Hi,

Firstly I think we may need to get a feel for what the files contain. If they have 50000 records each does that mean they are fixed width records? Are they .txt files which are really report printouts? You may be able to cut and paste a sample format into the forum using the [font="courier"]  /font[/quote]delimiters. See the Instant UBB Code buttons on the post creation screens.

Secondly I assume you need to process all 20 files separately into Excel with one Excel row per file record? The Excel row limit would prevent any great degree of combination of the files into a single worksheet. Are all the fles the same format with the same sort of information?

Thirdly, which version of Monarch do you have and is it the Standard or Professional version?

Whether or not we can provide an effective tutorial via the forum depends to some extent on the complexity of the task, so we need to get a feel for that first and then offer appropriate guidance.

All the best,

Grant

Originally posted by ecohen:

Please i need to export my text files to an excel form. I need a complete tutorial to do that.

I have like 20 txt files (50000 records each files) to export as excel file and i need to know how to make a template.

Please i need help

thanks /b[/quote]

• I'm a new User of Monarch
            Mike Urbonas

Definitely set some time (not much necessary) aside and go through the first few lessons in the Monarch Learning Guide, included with your copy of Monarch.  The Learning Guide references sample files included with your Monarch install.