3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Matt Beilfuss RSS

Cylical Errors in Table Display

Matt Beilfuss

Background:

I have designed a multi-column region model for a 1040 page source report that displays USERID system access over 5 pages. In total, I have 208 USERIDs (208*5-1040 pages).

Problem:

When I look at my model design in the "report" view it appears that the model is properly designed to pick up all detail. 

However, the model incorrectly displays every 10th page of my source report detail when it is displayed in the "table" view.  For example, Page 5 is complete, page 10 in incomplete, page 15 is complete, page 20 in incomplete... all the way through all 1040 pages.

• Cylical Errors in Table Display
          Grant Perkins

Matt,

Reading your description this appears to mean that EVERY alternate USERID gets an incomplete record set. Is that correct?

I'm wondering if you are hitting some of the internal limit issues. If odd numbered userid records are always complete it sounds like the number of fields per record is not hitting the limit. However is your model setting page breaks at all? I am speculating here but perhaps you are reaching the max lines per 'page' limit? Setting a page break for the end of each USERID record would allow this theory to be tested.

On the other hand getting as far as pge 10, 20, 30 nd so on probably suggests some other sort of problem. How much of page 10 is incorrect?  (I assume 'lost')

I would be happy (indeed interested!) to have a look at at the problem but suspect a 1000+ page file might be a bit too much to attach to an email. Any chance of cutting it down? (Does the problem still exist if there are only 2 USERID records - i.e. 10 pages?

Grant

Originally posted by Matt Beilfuss:

<snip>

However, the model incorrectly displays every 10th page of my source report detail when it is displayed in the "table" view.  For example, Page 5 is complete, page 10 in incomplete, page 15 is complete, page 20 in incomplete... all the way through all 1040 pages. /b[/quote]

Gareth Horton

Matt

In the registry, under

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDatawatchMonarch ProInputview

(or Monarch if you have Standard)

Change the MaxCachePages to Decimal 1500 and restart Monarch.

See if this fixes the problem and let me know.

Gareth

Originally posted by Matt Beilfuss:

Background:

I have designed a multi-column region model for a 1040 page source report that displays USERID system access over 5 pages. In total, I have 208 USERIDs (208*5-1040 pages).

Problem:

When I look at my model design in the "report" view it appears that the model is properly designed to pick up all detail. 

However, the model incorrectly displays every 10th page of my source report detail when it is displayed in the "table" view.  For example, Page 5 is complete, page 10 in incomplete, page 15 is complete, page 20 in incomplete... all the way through all 1040 pages. /b[/quote]

Matt Beilfuss

Gareth,

I changed the settings in the registery and it fixed the problem.

Thank You!