6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by grumpy7790 _ RSS

Win2k Batch for Multiple Projects?

grumpy7790 _

Hello,

I would like to write a batch file to run several different Projects and to complete its Export as defined in the Project.  I have Version 7.01.

Could anyone please give me some help?

Thanks,

John

• Win2k Batch for Multiple Projects?
          Steve Caiels

Hi John,

Project Export is only available in V7 professional.

You need a separate line for each project.  Assuming a default stand alone installation with the projects stored in a folder called c:projects, the format would be.

[font="courier"]c:

cd "program filesmonarch"

programmonarch c:projectsproject1.prj /pxall

programmonarch c:projectsproject2.prj /pxall

programmonarch c:projectsproject3.prj /pxall[/font][/quote]Regards

Steve

grumpy7790 _

Hello Steve. Thanks it works great!!

Now I have another slight problem, I tried this batch on Win 98 but the lines do not wait for the Project to complete and they bang into each other.  The result is that the output file contents vary each time its run.

How can I modify this batch for Win 98?  Or can I add a delay command between the process lines?

Thanks for the help,

John

[size="1"][ April 01, 2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: grumpy7790 ][/size]

grumpy7790 _

I found a way to write a delay between lines, this delay example is for 10 seconds.

Ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000

the 10000=10 sec

Nick Osdale-Popa

Is one project's input dependent on another project's output?

There are ways to pause a batch file to wait for a creation of a file.  I'd have to look it up, but is that what you are looking for?

Originally posted by grumpy7790:

Hello Steve. Thanks it works great!!

Now I have another slight problem, I tried this batch on Win 98 but the lines do not wait for the Project to complete and they bang into each other.  The result is that the output file contents vary each time its run.

How can I modify this batch for Win 98?  Or can I add a delay command between the process lines?

Thanks for the help,

John /b[/quote]

Bruce _

You can use autoscript that comes with monarch to wait for the prior line to finish before staring up the next line. I use it to run nightly reports of a series of projects in v7 pro.

For example make a batch file like Steve suggests above, then refer to it in autoscript like:

"C:Program FilesMonarchProgramAutoscrp.exe"  "C:program filesmonarchBatch FilesRunMyBatchFile.bat"

Autoscript will do the bat file one line at a time. The quote marks are optional, but required if you have a space within the directory/file name.

Hope this helps.

smile.gif[/img]

grumpy7790 _

Thanks for the input,

John