3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Hank @ Adtran RSS

Automated Export to Excel Version Question.

Hank @ Adtran

I have inherited a script that opens Monarch Pro 7.x and takes reports/models and exports to Excel. All of this works fine. The question is how do I change what version Excel gets saved in (it currently saves in Excel v4 and I need Excel v97)? I tried the "options" --> "Export and Clipboard" and it is set to Excel 97...any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hank

• Automated Export to Excel Version Question.
          Data Kruncher

Hank,

Judging by other similiar posts ( [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001226#000000"]Exporting to a specific Excel format[/url] and  [url="http://mails.datawatch.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001161#000000"]Controlling Monarch's Excel Output format[/url]), you're on the right track.

The only other item I'd add is a reminder that these options need to be defined in each model file, and cannot be set once for all models.

Kruncher

Grant Perkins

One thing that is mentioned in the Help related to this is that the required version of Excel (or higher) must be installed on the system producing the export. However this may mean the appropriate level of Jet Export is required rather than having to have full Excel? (Maybe DW Tech Support could comment on this?)

Unless there is something else in the script or another setting which takes precedence over the Monarch options for reasons (perhaps now obsolete) of historic compatibility.

Just a few thoughts which may lead you somewhere. But they could be completely irrelevant.

Grant

Hank @ Adtran

Originally posted by Grant Perkins:

One thing that is mentioned in the Help related to this is that the required version of Excel (or higher) must be installed on the system producing the export. However this may mean the appropriate level of Jet Export is required rather than having to have full Excel? (Maybe DW Tech Support could comment on this?)

Unless there is something else in the script or another setting which takes precedence over the Monarch options for reasons (perhaps now obsolete) of historic compatibility.

Just a few thoughts which may lead you somewhere. But they could be completely irrelevant.

Grant /b[/quote]Thanks All!

I think the original Model was written in Monarch 4.x, I do not know if that will have anything to do with it, but I will research that as well. Grant, thanks for the trails to follow. I will research those also. In the meantime I have a utility from here:  [url="http://sam308.com/excel/html/open_and_save_files_utility.html"]Excel Open Save Utility[/url] that allows me to open a directory and save the excel files in whatever format, so I will do that until I can find the solution. Thanks you all for the help.

Hank