1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 9:51 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Source Filter

cardealers _

Hi All,

I am using Monarch V7.01.  I am downloading data from our AS/400 into a Monarch model and have a question about passing a parameter to a field called the 'source filter'.  This field can be found in the 'datbase sample data' box.

Anyone have any ideas about this field?  If am I not mistaken with V7 this field allows external data to be filtered without downloading an entire table.

Thanks,

Cardealers   :eek:

• Source Filter
          Grant Perkins

You're right. Set up your filter and then save it as part of the model and, to really make things easier, the whole thing as a project.

The filter is fixed in what it will filter unless you change it and resave the model and then reload. However for most requirements that is what people would want. If you want to load from the same file but with different filters for different reporting needs then you may want to set up the model/project for each filtered import separately.

Grant

Originally posted by cardealers:

Hi All,

I am using Monarch V7.01.  I am downloading data from our AS/400 into a Monarch model and have a question about passing a parameter to a field called the 'source filter'.  This field can be found in the 'datbase sample data' box.

Anyone have any ideas about this field?  If am I not mistaken with V7 this field allows external data to be filtered without downloading an entire table.

Thanks,

Cardealers    :eek:  /b[/quote]